How to worry less
Single Mom….working is a site for single parents. I will therefore only post blogs about my life as a (working, single) parent. Thank you to my followers for staying with me over the last 2 years.
All motivational posts about life, confidence, and speaking can now be found on my new blog: http://www.speakingrights.com/blog/. Please sign up here to receive regular inspirational posts to keep you motivated and empowered.
Welcome to 2015! I have only 1 resolution this year. My New Year’s resolution for 2015………
….is to rid myself of worry! Oh yes, this is the year it will happen. I have been an avid worrier for over 30 years, more intensely since my daughter was born, and to be very frank, I am DONE with it. It is time consuming and a waste of energy. I will simply no longer worry…..
- That my daughter will fall victim to her teenage years prematurely and will begin regularly swearing at me
- That my cute fluffy dog will get eaten by a mean, frothy mouthed dog-with-a-bad-mother
- That my daughter will start learning French, pack her stuff up and move back to Montreal
- That the guy I am dating actually has a secret life that he is not telling me about
- That my daughter will ask me to send her to therapy to undo the damage of her upbringing
- That my friends will get tired of all my worrying
- That I will no longer have any friends
- That my Aupair will leave us, suddenly and without any notice, again!
- That there will never be a man who can love me as much as my dog Buster
- That my daughter and dog will both learn French and move back to Montreal
Yes, ladies and gentleman – This is the year when I put all my worries to rest. I can finally breathe deeply and say AHHHH. Goodbye to the What Ifs and Goodbye anxiety!!
Just one question: How the hell does one actually stop worrying? In particular a single mom…working
Thank you for reading,